Amazon Echo connects with all those devices that sport Wi-Fi connectivity, and it includes AT&T U-Verse as well. Although U-Verse doesn’t provide as strong and reliable signal as a DSL service, it definitely is faster than a DSL service. Amazon Echo can be easily connected with U-Verse, but many users are not able to perform this process successfully.
Amazon Echo seamlessly connects with all types of routers and internet service providers. AT&T U-Verse, which is one of the most popular internet service providers can also be easily connected with Amazon Echo. But, many people who have either bought a new Amazon Echo or U-Verse are not able to connect these two devices together. The inability of Amazon Echo of not being able to connect to U-Verse could be because of a technical glitch. Let us find out as to how to fix this issue.
Many users have tried to connect Amazon Echo with U-Verse, and the process also began smoothly, but after reaching 10-20 percent, the progress just froze. Users waited for several minutes, but the progress refuse to extend beyond 20 percent. This error is making people frustrated because they have bought an expensive device in the Amazon Echo, and the only way to use this device is by connecting it to the internet. If people are using AT&T U-Verse for internet, then they have no other option to access the internet except U-Verse. Let us discuss as to what different issues could arise while connecting Amazon Echo with AT&T U-Verse.
If you too are dealing with this issue, then you need to make sure that the network’s name and password that you have entered are correct. If you have double confirmed it, then it is quite strange to experience such an issue. But, let’s just discuss the process of solving it. For that, you need to open your web browser.
- It doesn’t matter which web browser you are using, so open a web browser and enter ‘http://192.168.1.1’. If the default gateway address is different, then you will have to consult with your ISP in order to find out what it is. If you are finding problems performing this step, then you can opt for an alternative. What you can do is, you can press ‘Windows button + R key’ in order to Run Command panel. Now, enter ‘cmd’ in the Run dialog box followed by hitting ‘Enter’. As you hit ‘Enter’, you will see a dialog box where you will have to enter ‘IPCONFIG’ followed by hitting ‘Enter’. With this, you can find your gateway address, which then, you can enter in the address bar.
- Now, click on ‘Home network’ and then, configure the settings. The password for your network is written on your router, so check the back or bottom of your router in order to find the password, which you will have to enter while configuring your network.
- You will have to change the band selection to 5.0 GHz.
- Go to ‘Home SSID’ option followed by changing your network name. Don’t use the current name again.
- Click ‘Save’ and then, accept all the changes.
- Now, go to Alexa app and connect your device with the app.
- Your Amazon Echo connect with U-Versa, and now, you can control the device using Alexa app.
If you come across any issue while performing the aforementioned steps, then you can take the assistance of Alexa Echo Dot Setup and Support.