An Amazon echo is a voice recognition device that works according to your voice. Whatever you command, it acts according to it and provides the result through the speaker. Being a beginner, you must know the functions of each and every light and buttons engrossed on the cylinder-shaped Echo device. Only then, you will be able to use it properly.
We are going to discuss ‘How you can use the Amazon Echo and configure Alexa on it’. The primary or basic buttons you will find on every echo model include the Mic button, Action, ring and volume buttons.
Action buttons: As the name implies, the action buttons are used to perform an action on the Echo. If you come across any issue while configuring the device, then by pressing this button, you can diagnose the issue and rectify it. A circular button with a white dot in the center is demonstrated on the Echo device. You can use this button to turn off and on the alarm and wake up your amazon echo.
Volume buttons: The primary function of these buttons is to control the volume of the speaker included in the Echo. You can raise or lower the level of volume with the help of volume buttons given on the side of the echo. If no volume keys are available on your device model, then search for ring button. It is available on the top of the device. It’s like a knob, you can rotate it in a clockwise and anticlockwise direction to increase or decrease the volume.
Mic button: This button is used to speak something to Echo. If you want to command something to Alexa, then turn on this button and start speaking to Alexa without any problem. When you speak any word, the red light will turn green. If you want to disable the mic for some time, then press the mic button for 2 seconds.
If you want to wake up the Amazon Alexa, then speak the wake-up word through the mic. You will get instant response from her. You can ask any query of your choice from the Alexa provided the echo must be connected to mobile at that time.
To start communicating or talking with Alexa, you need to enable Alexa skill apps only then you can talk to it. Now, you might be wondering to know the steps for enabling Alexa skills on echo. Well, we are going to discuss the steps now:
- Open Alexa app and click on ‘menu’. To launch the menu, you need to click on 3 lines given on the top left.
- Select skills and click on them individually.
- To arrange the skills according to the category, you can apply filters from the home page. If you want to find the skills related to food, finance or Business, then enter the skill name and click on ‘Search’.
- After locating the skill, click to enable or install it. Some skills require username and password to login to the account. If you don’t have username and password, then first create an account.
- Once you open the skill page, all the details related to the skills like what this skills can do, how it works and which devices it supports will be displayed on the screen. In case of any problem, you can contact Alexa support team.